- 2 tbsp strong brewed tea — pref.Earl Grey
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups washed, dried and torn red leaf lettuce
- 3 cups washed & dried watercress lettuce
- 1 ripe pear, pref. red — cored/thinly sliced
- 1 oz Roquefort cheese — crumbled
- 1 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts
In small bowl, whisk together tea, vinegar, oil, shallots, mustard,
salt and pepper. (can be prepared 2 days ahead, and stored in fridge.)
In large bowl,toss lettuce and watercress together with the dressing.
Divide among 4 salad plates, decoratively arranging pear slices over
Sprinkle cheese and walnuts on top and garnish with a grinding of black pepper.