- 1 cup bulgur — fine
- 1 medium onion — finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups parsley — finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint — chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes — cut in wedges
- Soak bulgur in cold water 20 minutes.
Drain the bulgur and squeeze out as much moisture as possible
with your hands. Combine the bulgur, onion (or scallions),
parsley and mint in a bowl. Sprinkle with oil, lemon juice and a little
salt, and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
To serve, mound the salad in the center of a plate. Decorate with
the lettuce leaves and tomato wedges. The lettuce leaves may be used
to scoop up the salad.