Crab with Red Sauce steamed crab legs served with a tomato-based sauce.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Alaska snow crab clusters, single-cut legs
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed oregano
1. Rinse crab under cool running water and cut into serving-size pieces. Using a heavy knife score the backs of leg sections or slit using kitchen shears.
2. In saute pan or wok, saute onion and garlic in butter. When tender, stir in remaining ingredients except crab. Simmer 5 minutes.
3. Serve hot with chilled or steamed crab.