- 2 pounds Chicken breasts *
- 1 pound Asparagus **
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tarragon — dried crushd
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Carrot — shredded
- 1 Red pepper — chopped
- 3 Green onions — minced
- 1 pound Egg Bread — oval loaf unslice
1. In 13 x 9 x 2-inch microwave-safe baking dish, arrange chicken
breasts with thicker portions toward outside. Cover with plastic wrap;
turn back one corner to vent. Cook on HIGH 10 minutes, turning chicken
over after 5 minutes. Let cool in dish.
2. In medium glass bowl, combine asparagus and water. Cover; vent. Cook
on HIGH 3 minutes; drain. Rince with cold water; drain. Set aside.
3. In bowl, whisk mayonnaise with lemon juice, tarragon, salt and
pepper until blended. Stir in asparagus, carrot, red pepper and onions.
Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Stir into mayonnaise mixture.
4. With serrated knife, cut off a thin slice from top of bread;
remove inside (reserve for other use), leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Spoon
salad into bread shell, mounding slightly. If desired, garnish with
fresh tarragon. To serve, cut into wedges. Makes 8 to 10 servings.