Stuffed Fish Fillets
- 2 tablespoon reduced calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 2 slices white bread, crumbed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash each nutmeg & redpepper
- 4 red snapper or flounder fillets (5; oz each)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a 10 inch skillet, melt the margarine; remove 1tablespoon and set aside. Heat remaining margarine until bubbly and hot; add the scallions and bell pepper to skillet and saute over medium heat until vegetables are softened, about 3 min. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. Add the bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup parsley, and the seasonings to the vegetables and mix well until ingredients are moistened. Spoon 1/4 of the vegetable mixture over each fillet and roll fish to enclose. Transfer stuffed fillets, seam side down, to an 8 x 8 x 2 baking pan, spoon any remaining ingredients over them. Drizzle reserved margarine over fillets and sprinkle each with 1/2 tb. lemon juice. Bake until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 15-20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.