- 1 (5 pound) pork loin
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (22 ounce) bottle catsup
- 1 onion
- 2 cups pork broth
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pork loin in a shallow baking pan, fat side up. Roast 3 hours, or until the temperature at the center of the pork is 160 degrees F. (If desired, roast a little longer to ensure it is very well done.)
2. Drain pork well. Chop into bite-size pieces with a large knife.
3. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add chopped pork; simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Per serving: 188 calories, 6 g fat, 47 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein, 775 mg sodium