- 1/2 cup butter or margarine — softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese — softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine — softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Cream together the 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese. Stir in flour; mix well.Cover; chill about an hour.
2. Stir together egg, sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, vanilla, and a dash of salt just until smooth; set aside.
3. Shape pastry dough into 2 dozen 1-inch balls; place each in ungreased 1-3/4-inch muffin cup. Press dough onto bottom and sides. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chopped pecans into each muffin cup; fill with egg mixture.
4. Bake in 325 degree F. oven about 25 minutes or until set. Cool; remove from pans. Yield: 2 dozen (2 per serving).
Per Serving: 230 Calories; 15g Fat (57.2% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 47mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium.
Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 3 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates