Ham Salad A basic stand-by for leftover ham. Accompany with potato chips and sweet pickles.
- 3 cups coarsely ground ham
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced sweet pickle
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. In medium bowl stir together all ingredients.
2. Makes about 3 3/4 cups, enough for 6 sandwiches.
3. Make sandwiches on soft sandwich buns or whole wheat bread, topped with lettuce leaves.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Have your butcher grind smoked ham for you, or grind leftover ham in a food processor or grinding attachment. One pound of ham will yield about 3 cups ground ham.