Chocolate Cream Roll
- 6 tb Flour
- 6 tb Cocoa
- 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 4 md Eggs
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla Icing sugar Whipped Cream
1. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, THREE times, onto a sheet of waxed paper. Beat egg whites til thick and fluffy.
2. Add sugar gradually while beating, then add yolks and vanilla. Mixture should be thick and lemony. Sift dry mixture over egg mix and fold in gently.
3. Prepare an edged cookie pan by greasing and lining with waxed paper. Pour batter onto pan and spread evenly. Bake at 400 F for 12-15 minutes. When baked, remove from pan and roll in a damp tea towel on which you have sprinkled some icing sugar.
4. When cool, unroll, trim off any crusty edges. Spread whipped cream on cake and roll up. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on the side.