- 2 c Whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 c Carob powder
- 2 ts Baking powder
- 1/3 c Honey
- 1/2 c Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c Water
- 1 ts Vanilla;
- 1/2 tsp if Watkins
- 1/4 c Chopped nuts (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, carob powder and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix remaining ingredients, except nuts.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in nuts if desired.
4. Pour batter into a nonstick or lightly oiled 8-inch square baking dish. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Makes 16 brownies.