- 1/2 c Butter
- 1 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1 c Brown sugar — packed
- 1/2 c Almonds — coarsely chop
- 2 Eggs — beaten
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c Chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c Flour
1. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil; turn off heat. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
2. Rapidly stir in eggs, being careful not to cook them.
3. A dd vanilla. In bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Stir into sugar-egg mix. Pour into a greased 8″ square pan.
4. Sprinkle with almonds and chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.