Lemon Ginger Muffins
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) chopped fresh ginger Zest from 1 lemon
- 8 Tbs (120 ml) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) buttermilk or yogurt
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour sifted with
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
1. Combine the sugar, ginger, and lemon zest in an electric food processor and process until the ginger and zest are finely ground.
2. Add the butter and process until creamy and smooth. Add the eggs, process, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and process again until smooth.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in the buttermilk and the flour mixture.
4. Pour into greased and floured muffin pans and bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.