Microwave brittle candy with macadamia nuts and a coconut layer. A cinch to make.
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 4 ounces chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Spread coconut evenly over a buttered baking sheet.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high 3 minutes.
3. Stir in nuts and microwave 4 minutes more. Stir in butter and vanilla and return to microwave for 1 minute.
4. Stir in soda until light and slightly foamy. Pour over coconut in pan. Let cool until firm, 1 hour. Break into pieces.
Original recipe yield: 25 servings.