- —–HOISIN DRESSING—–
- 3 tablespoons Rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Salad oil
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Minced fresh gingerroot
- Napa/Savoy cabbage leaves
- 2 cups Mai fun *
- 1 cup Finely shredded carrots
- 2 Lg cooked chicken breasts*
- 1/2 cup Sugar snap peas **
- Vegetable garnishes ***
*Note: Mai fun should be prepared according to package directions.
*Chicken breasts should be skinned, boned and cut into thin slices.
**Snap peas should be blanched and chilled.
***Suggested vegetable garnishes: Japanese or regular cucumber slices,
straw mushrooms, carrot flowers.
Combine vinegar, oil, hoisin sauce, sesame seeds and gingerroot in jar with lid.
Cover and shake well.
Meanwhile, to make salad, for each serving, line plate with cabbage leaves and over them arrange layer of mai fun.
Then arrange shredded carrots, chicken slices, sugar snap peas and vegetable garnishes on plates as desired.
Shake dressing again and pass at table.