Vienna Chocolate Bars
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 (10 oz.) raspberry jelly (seedless)
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter with egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar. Add flour and knead with fingers.
2. Pat batter out with fingers on greased cookie sheet to about 3/8″ thickness.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Remove from oven. Spread with jelly and top with chocolate chips. Beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold in remaining cup of sugar. Gently spread on top. Bake for additional 24 minutes. Cool and cut into 2″x2″ bars.