Texas Longhorn Touchdown Brownies
- 1 1/4 c Butter or margarine
- 3/4 c Unsweetened cocoa
- 2 c Sugar
- 6 lg Eggs
- 1 tb Vanilla
- 2 c All-purpose flour
- 2 c Pecan halves
- 3/4 lb Semisweet chocolate; cut in
- 1/2″ chunks
1. In a 3-4 quart pan over low heat, stir butter with cocoa until melted. Off the heat, beat in sugar.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add flour, pecans, and chocolate; mix well. Spread batter in buttered 9×13″ pan.
3. Bake in a 325 degree oven until top feels dry in center, about 35 minutes.
4. Cool in pan. If baking ahead, wrap airtight when cool and hold up to a day. Cut into 12 to 16 pieces.