NON-DAIRY CINNAMON RAISIN
- 2 teaspoons kosher gelatin
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped raisins
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over apple juice. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved and softened, about 10 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together honey, cinnamon, and 2 cups soy milk. Cook until just hot, stirring frequently; remove from heat. Add softened gelatin to hot milk mixture, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in remaining soy milk, vanilla, and raisins; let cool, cover, and refrigerate until very well-chilled.
3. Spoon chilled mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Makes about 1 quart.