Microwave Chocolate Chip Wonder Bars
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
1. Grease only the bottom of square baking dish. (8 x 8 x 2- inches) Mix brown sugar, margarine, egg, and vanilla. Stir in flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
2. Spread evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) for 4 minutes. Turn dish one-quarter turn then microwave until no longer doughy. (About 2 to 3 minutes.) Cool and cut into about 2 inch squares.