GREEN TEA ICE CREAM
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 ounce powdered Japanese Green tea
- 15 egg yolks
- 1 pound sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 pints raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
1. Bring milk to a boil. Remove from heat and add green tea. Mix well. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar together until they form a ribbon. Combine egg mixture and milk, then strain into a saucepan.
2. Cook over mediumhigh heat until just before the mixture reaches a boil. Remove from heat and cool completely over ice water. Beat heavy cream and half and half over ice water until frothy.
3. Pour into egg mixture and mix well. Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze 2-3 hours before serving. Recommend serving with the following raspberry sauce:
4. Place all in a saucepan, boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Puree in a food processor, strain and cool in refrigerator before using.