Anytime I can find a mixture of salt and chocolate, I jump on it. These cookies/candies are rich but wonderful. If you
are not a big fan of chocolate, or want these a little less sweet, leave the chocolate off.
- 10 1/2 ounces corn chips
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 11 (1.55 ounce) bars milk chocolate
1. In a greased 10 x 15 inch pan, place the corn chips.
2. In a saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Pour this over the chip and smooth level.
3. Pour this over the chip and smooth level. Place the chocolate bars in a single layer over the hot mixture and wait a few minutes until the heat melts them and then smooth the chocolate out to form a thin layer. Allow to cool and then break into pieces.
Original recipe yield: 3 dozen.