Filled Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 package (12 ounce) peanut butter morsels
- 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 3 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup unmelted peanut butter morsels Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees F.
1. In a saucepan, melt the peanut butter morsels and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
4. Beat on medium speed, of an electric mixer, until creamy.
5. Blend in the melted peanut butter morsels then gradually add the flour mixture.
6. Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Press in the center of the cookies, with your thumb, and fill the center with 1/4 teaspoon of the peanut butter filling mixture. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes.
For Peanut Butter Filling:
8. Combine the chopped peanuts, honey, milk, and cinnamon in a small bowl, blending well. Stir in the peanut butter morsels.