- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (1 cup) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Combine flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread into a 15×10 inch jellyroll pan.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch bars.