Chocolate Cherry Sheet Cake
- 1 pk Pillsbury Plus Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 Can (21-oz.) cherry fruit pie filling
- 1 ts Almond extract
- 2 Eggs; beaten Frosting:
- 1 c Sugar
- 5 tb Butter or margarine
- 1/3 c Milk
- 1 pk (6-oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13×9-inch pan. In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients.
2. By hand, stir until well mixed. Pour into greased and floured pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. In small saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk.
4. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Pour and spread over warm cake.
Makes: 12 to 16 servings.