Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 Tbs.. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 (8 oz. pkg) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
1. Crust: Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter or margarine; press onto bottom of 9 inch spring form pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool. You can use a pre-made chocolate wafer crust. Cheesecake: Soften gelatin in a small pan with the water; stir over low heat until dissolved. Combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa and vanilla until well blended.
3. Gradually add gelatin, mixing until blended. Fold in remaining ingredients; pour over crust. Chill until firm.
4. Pour cherry pie filling evenly over the top of cheesecake before serving, or spoon over individual slices on plates.