Chocolate Almond Cheesecake
- 6 Chocolate wafers, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 c Light cream cheese
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 c 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 c Plus
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 c All-purpose flour
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 2 ts Almond flavoring
- 1 Egg
- 2 tb Semisweet chocolate mini-morsels Chocolate leaves (optional)
1. Sprinkle chocolate wafer crumbs in the bottom of a 7 inch springform pan. Set pan aside. Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cream cheese and next 7 ingredients, processing until smooth.
2. Add egg and process just until blended. Fold in chocolate morsels. Slowly pour mixture over crumbs in pan. Bake at 300 degrees F. for 65 to 70 minutes or until cheese cake is set. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
3. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove sides of pan, transfer cheese cake to a serving platter. Garnish with chocolate leaves, if desired. Chocolate Leaves:
4. Melt chocolate in doubles boiler or microwave. Using a non-poisonous leaf, brush on melted chocolate; place in freezer for 2-3 hours. once hardened, peal leaf from the chocolate to garnish.