Banana Upside Down Cake
- 4 T butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package banana cake mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (8 inch) pans. Combine butter and brown sugar, divide and spread evenly between the 2 pans.
2. Sprinkle pecans evenly over both brown sugar mixtures, arrange banana slices evenly over each.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Divide batter into the 2 pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
4. Turn cakes upside down on a platter or plate, gently tap bottom and carefully remove pans, replacing caramel mixture that sticks