Baked Tuna & Noodles
- 8 oz pkg dry medium-width noodles
- 1/4 cup butter (4 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cup milk
- 2 pkg (3-oz ea) cream cheese
- 7 oz can of tuna in oil (save oil 1 can peas, drained (optional)
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained 1 (optional)
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 1 plain dry bread crumbs
1. Cook noodles in salted water; drain. Melt butter in saucepan and blend in flour.
2. Add milk slowly, cooking and stirring constantly. When sauce is thick and smooth, blend in cream cheese and oil from the tuna.
3. Then add cooked noodles, and lastly and tuna (and peas and mushrooms). Season to taste; top with dried bread crumbs. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.