—-FAVORITE RESTAURANTS, BON A—
- 2 sticks butter, room temp
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 6 centiliter garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chpd
- 1/4 cup white wine or sherry
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lb fresh bay scallops
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
1. Kingston Harbour Yacht Club, Mt. Prospect, IL ** “Garlic, garlic, garlic describes the scallops served at the KHYC….crisp, buttery morsels…” Mix together butter, breadcrumbs, garlic, minced onion, parsley, wine, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Form into roll and wrap with waxed paper. Chill until firm, at least 1 hr. Preheat oven 450 F. Grease shallow baking dish. Heat oil in lg skillet over med heat until haze forms.
3. Add diced onion and saute until soft but not browned.
4. Add scallops and mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste and saute briefly. Drain off liquid.
5. Arrange scallop mixture in prepared dish. Slice garlic butter and arrange evenly over scallops.
6. Bake until butter is hot and bubbly, 5-10 mins. Serve immediately.
7. Scallops can also be broiled. Place about 3″ from heat and broil until bubbly, 3-5 mins.