- 1/2 head green cabbage — chopped
- (as for slaw —
- or buy a bag of pre-shredded
- slaw veggies)
- 1/2 carrot — shredded
- 4 green onions — chopped
- 1 package ramen noodles (Oriental flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds — sunflower seeds,
- and sesame seeds
- Dressing — whisk or shake
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flavor packet from ramen noodles
Toast the nuts & seeds in a warm oven for 6-8 minutes, watching
carefully to prevent over-toasting. Cool. Combine veggies.
Break up noodles and add to veggies.
Shortly before serving, add nuts & seeds & dressing, and toss well (don’t dress too
far ahead, because you want the nuts, seeds & noodles to stay crunchy).