Swedish Meatballs nicely seasoned beef-and-pork meatballs served with a gravy-cream sauce.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/3 lb. ground lean pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 (10 oz.) can beef gravy
- 1/2 cup cream
1. In saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add onions; saute until soft and clear; set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine bread crumbs with milk, let soak for 10 minutes.
3. In large bowl, combine onions, bread crumb/milk mixture, egg, meat and seasonings; mix well. Form into small meatballs.
4. In large skillet, heat with 1 tablespoon oil. Brown meatballs; cook until cooked through.
5. In small saucepan, combine gravy and cream; heat through but do not boil.
6. Serve meatballs with gravy and boiled potatoes or hot cooked pasta.