BBQ Chicken Salad Crisp greens topped with tomato, barbecued chicken, black beans, cheese, bacon, sliced avocado and crunchy French fried onion straws. Served with Ranch dressing.
- 1/2 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped or iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup refried black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup French’s French Fried Onions (onion straws)
- 3 avocado slices
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 pieces crisp bacon, crumbled
1. Place chicken in a plastic bag and add the barbecue sauce. Mix thoroughly and let sit to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Cook chicken on preheated grill. Brush the chicken with the barbecue sauce, making sure to turn the chicken every few minutes. Grill until it is cooked through.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine lettuce and cabbage. Place this mixture on a serving plate and top with the chopped tomato.
4. Heat the refried beans in a small pot on low heat. When warm, place beans on one side of serving plate.
5. Top with shredded cheese then with the fried onions and crisped bacon. Slice the chicken and place on top.
6. Garnish with avocado slices; serve with Ranch dressing and remaining barbecue sauce on the side.