White Chocolate Truffles
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/2 C confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1egg yolk
- 8 oz. white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1 C chopped blanched almonds, lightly toasted
Makes about 2 dozen truffles
1. Melt chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
2. Add sugar, egg yolk and almond extract; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a shallow glass casserole dish.
3. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Roll in almonds. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
4. Place in miniature foil cups at room temperature to serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.