White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup toasted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 6-ounce package white chocolate baking squares or white baking bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped, peeled ripe pear (1 medium pear)
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum or pear nectar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until pieces are the size of small peas. Stir in nuts. Add egg yolk and vanilla; stir to combine. Press onto bottom and 2 inches up the sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Chill.
2. In a small saucepan combine chopped white baking squares or bars and whipping cream; cook and stir over low heat until baking squares or bars are melted. Cover and keep warm.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until combined. Add eggs all at once; beat in at low speed just until combined. Stir in melted mixture and the chopped pear. Pour into prepared pan. Place in a shallow baking pan in the oven. Bake for 45
minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
4. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the crust from sides of pan and cool 30 minutes more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
5. In a small bowl stir together the caramel ice cream topping and rum or pear nectar. Drizzle over slices of cheesecake.
Makes 12 servings.