Submarine Sandwich Italian delis are legendary for making terrific submarine sandwiches. But did you realize how
incredibly easy they are to prepare at home? Using the best quality coldcuts and a great crusty loaf of Italian or French style bread you can make a satisfying meal in just minutes.
- 1/4 cup Italian vinaigrette
- 1 long crusty loaf (about 16 inches) French or Italian bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Italian salami, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces boiled ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 12 slices dill pickles
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 12 small sweet pickled peppers, sliced
1. Slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise and spread both cut sides with mayonnaise.
2. Layer bottom half of loaf with tomato slices, prosciutto, salami, Cheddar, ham, provolone, and pickles.
3. Top with lettuce and pickled peppers.
4. Spoon vinaigrette over the filling and cover with top half. Press down firmly.
Serves 3 to 4.