Southern Pecan Cheesecake
- 1- ½ c. quick oats
- ½ c. finely chopped pecans
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 5 PKGS. (8oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-2/3 c. light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. chopped pecans, divided whipped cream, optional
1. To make crust, place oats in food processor or blender; process to consistency of flour. Combine oats with remaining crust ingredients; press into bottom of 10 in. springform pan. Chill.
2. To make filling, beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy; slowly add brown sugar and mix well.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Stir in vanilla and half of nuts. Mix and pour over crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour; turn oven off but leave cake in oven for 30 minutes more.
4. To reduce chance of cracks on top surface, run a knife edge of cheesecake as soon as you remove it from the oven. Let cool to room temperature; chill 8 hours. Remove sides of pan. Press additional chopped pecans around sides and pipe top with whipped cream.