Sbarro Baked Ziti ziti cut pasta, with creamy ricotta, melted mozzarella and Romano cheeses and seasoned tomato sauce.
- 2 lbs. ziti (uncooked)
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese
- 3 oz. grated Romano cheese
- 3 cups garlic & onion tomato sauce, store bought
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook ziti 12 to 14 minutes until al dente to the bite, stirring often. When done, drain and do not rinse.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. In large bowl, combine ricotta, Romano, 2 3/4 cups tomato sauce and pepper; blend well. Add cooked ziti; mix well.
4. Transfer remaining tomato sauce to 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan; spread over bottom of pan.
5. Transfer ziti to baking pan; top with mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with foil. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and ziti is heated through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Serve hot with garlic bread and additional sauce, if desired.