Potato Salad an easy-to-prepare home-style potato salad.
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sweet relish
- 3 teaspoons minced white onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon shredded carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper pinch salt
1. Peel the potatoes, then cut into 1/2 inch cubes; place in saucepan, cover with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to boil and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and whisk until well blended; add to potatoes; toss to coat.
3. For the best flavor, cover and refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours before serving.
Makes 6 cups.