- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced, or canned pineapple rings, drained and patted dry
- 1 Tbs butter Powdered (confectioner’s) sugar for garnish
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.Combine the egg, milk, and vanilla in a separate bowl and stir quickly
into the flour mixture to make a batter – do not over mix.
2. Dip the pineapple slices in the batter and fry in the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat until golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6