Pineapple Cherry Chocolate Cake
- 2 1/3 c Cake flour; sifted
- 1/2 c Cherries
- 2 1/4 t Baking Powder
- 3/4 t Salt
- 1/2 t Soda
- 2/3 c Butter; or shortening
- 1 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 ea Egg; unbeaten
- 2 ea Egg yolks; unbeaten
- 3 oz Unsweetened Choc.; melted
- 3/4 c Milk
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1/3 c Boiling water
1. Sift flour once, measure, add baking powder salt and soda, and sift together three times. Cream butter thoroughly, add sugar gradually, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolks, one at a time beatlng well after each.
2. Add chocolate and blend. Add flour alternately with milk, a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Add vanilla, then add boiling water, beating quickly and thoroughly Bake in two greased deep 9-inch layer pans in moderate oven (350 degrees F) 30 to 35 mlnutes, or untll done.
3. Spread Plneapple Fluff Frosting (see recipe) between layers and on top and sides of cake. Double recipe for three 10-inch layers.
4. This cake may be baked as follows: bake about 2/3 o batter in greased pan, 8x8x2 inches, in slow oven ( 325 degrees F. ) 45 mlnutes, or until done; remalnlng 1/3 of batter may be baked in 15 greased medium cup-cake pans in moderate oven (350 degrees F.) 25 minutes, or until done.