Pina Colada Shrimp battered shrimp coated with bread crumbs and coconut, then deep-fried until golden brown. Served with a pina colada dipping sauce.
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, butterflied
- 1 cup sweetened coconut fakes
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup pina colada mix
- 3 tablespoons Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 tablespoon powder sugar
- 1/2 cup corn starch vegetable oil for deep frying
- 4 oz. pina colada mix
- 3 oz. sour cream
- 3 oz. drained, crushed pineapple
1. Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
2. Combine Pina Colada mix, powder sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Place 1/2 cup corn starch in a separate bowl.
3. Heat oil to 375 degrees F for deep frying.
4. Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs, coconut mixture.
5. Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil.
7. Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer and drain on paper towels.
8. Mix all dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl. Serve sauce along side shrimp.