Peanut Buttery Chocolate Bars
- 1 1/3 cup peanut butter (any style)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons All purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 5 milk chocolate bars
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, flour and egg whites then stir in 3/4 cup of the walnuts.
3. Spread mixture in a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch pan.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (until lightly browned along the edges).
5. Meanwhile, break chocolate into 1 to 2 inch pieces.
6. Remove cookies from oven and immediately place chocolate on top of cookies. Place back in oven and bake for 1 minute more.
7. Remove from oven and using a spatula spread the melted chocolate over tops of the cookies and then sprinkle with the remaining walnuts.
8. Cut into squares while warm.