These party mints are great for special occasions, and they can be made ahead of time for convenience. Roll into balls,or press into molds to match the celebration.
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (2 pound) package confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract Assorted colored granulated sugar or crystals
1. Beat condensed milk and half of powdered sugar at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Stir in peppermint extract. Gradually add remaining confectioners’
2. sugar, beating at medium speed until stiff.
3. Roll mixture into 1/2-inch balls; rolls in desired sugar, and place on a lightly greased cooling rack. Let stand 8 hours.
Original recipe yield: 2 – 1/2 pounds.