- 2 teaspoons kosher gelatin
- 1/4 cup espresso or strong coffee, room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3-1/4 cups vanilla soy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground espresso beans
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over coffee. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved and softened, about 10 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together maple syrup and 2 cups soy milk. Cook until just hot, stirring frequently; remove from heat. Add softened gelatin to hot milk mixture, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in remaining soy milk and vanilla; let cool, cover, and refrigerate until chilled.
3. Spoon chilled mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, adding ground espresso beans halfway through freezing time. Makes about 1 quart.