Jefferson Davis Pie
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg a dash or two of Cardamom
- 1 cup milk (Use whole or 2% only)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup butter (NOT margarine), melted
- 1 unbaked9 inch pie shell
1. In a large bowl thorougly blend sugar, flour, nutmeg and cardamom.
2. Stir in the milk; add eggs. Mix well. Add lemon juice, peel and butter.
3. Beat well to blend. Pour into pie shell.
4. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until center is almost firm. Cool; serve with whipped cream if desired.
Refridgeorate Any Left Over Pie.