Grilled Portobello Sandwich with Goat Cheese and Green Sauce
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 8 ounces goat cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Salt and pepper to taste Puree the first 7 ingredients in a blender. Rub mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill rib side down first for four minutes. Turn over and spoon sauce over Portobello, while on grill, and continue to grill for an additional 4 minutes.
3. Add slices of goat cheese touch with a little bit more of the green sauce.
4. Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly. There you go. A beautiful open-faced sandwich!