Chocolate Raspberry Marbled Cake
- 10 oz Frozen red raspberries; thawed and drained, reserving syrup
- 1/4 c Red raspberry jam
- 4 tb Cornstarch
- 1 Chocolate cake mix
- 8 oz Cream cheese; softened
- 2 tb Margarine; softened
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 ts Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In 1-quart glass measure with handle, combine reserved 2/3 cup syrup from raspberries, red raspberry jam, and 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
2. Microwave on 100% power 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until thickened and clear. Gently stir in raspberries. Set aside. Prepare cake mix as package directs. Pour half the batter into lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan; bake 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in small mixer bowl, beat cheese, margarine and remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then egg and vanilla. Pour evenly over cake in pan. Spoon raspberry mixture in small amounts over top.
4. Return to oven; bake 10 minutes longer. Top evenly with remaining cake batter. Return to oven; bake 30 minutes longer or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool. Chill thoroughly. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.