Rich and meaty chili. Low in fat and high in fiber.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 (29-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 (29-oz.) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (29-oz.) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green chili
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt dash garlic powder
1. In large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown meat; drain fat. Using a fork, crumble meat. Transfer to Dutch oven.
2. Add remaining ingredients to Dutch oven; reduce heat to low; bring to simmer; simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.