Cherry Swirled Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press mixture into the bottom of 9−inch springform pan. In blender, purée pie filling until smooth; add orange rind. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth.
2. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract; mix well. Pour half of cream cheese mixture into springform pan; top with 1/2 cup pie filling. Repeat layering. With knife swirl pie filling into cheese mixture. Bake at 300 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Cool; chill. Serve with remaining cherry mixture.