Spicy Black Beans a side dish of black beans in barbecue sauce.
- 1 cup dry black beans salt, to taste
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1. Place beans in colander; pick through to remove any stones; rinse well.
2. Transfer beans to medium-sized saucepan; add salt, garlic and onion; cover with 3 times the volume of water; bring to boil; cook, uncovered, 1 ½ to 2 hours or until beans are tender. If needed, add additional boiling water.
3. Drain beans in colander; transfer to microwaveable dish; add barbecue sauce; stir to blend well. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through. This can be done in the oven as well. Transfer to baking dish; bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Makes about 2 cups.