Baked Macaroni Cheese an old-fashioned mac and cheese recipe that is sure to become a family favorite. Real cheese and real good!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups Cheddar (8 oz.), divided
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs paprika
1. Butter a 2-quart casserole; set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In medium saucepan, melt butter. Whisking, add flour, salt and mustard; add milk and whisk constantly until sauce thickens a little. Do not boil milk. Add 1 ½ cups cheese, heat until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, cook macaroni as directed; drain well; do not rinse.
4. Toss macaroni with cheese sauce, coating well; transfer to prepared casserole dish; top with remaining cheese; and sprinkle with a dusting of paprika.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through, bubbly and nicely browned.